Chassis and Body Rules
1. The pure stock cars must have minimum of 108'' wheelbase, full framed car.
No UNI-BODIED CARS ALLOWED. No shortening of factory wheelbase. Rear wheel
drive cars only.
2. Stock appearing steel body panels only. Fenders, doors, and quarter panels must remain as close as
possible to original body lines. Skirting is allowed but must have a minimum of 6” of clearance between
and bottom of skirting. After market plastic nose and tail pieces allowed.
3. The car must run original body as make of frame, have full floor boards, and full fire walls in stock location.
No fabricating of fire walls. Patching of rust holes is mandatory.
4. All chrome must be removed inside and out on body of car. Numbers must appear on both doors and roof
car facing scores’ tower.
5. No frame changes, Seat must be mounted a minimum of 30” in front of center of rear axle to point where
shoulder harness goes through seat.
6. Doors must be welded, chained, or bolted shut.
7. Competition type 4 point cage mandatory with a minimum of 3 bars in driver’s door and 2 bars in passenger
door. Roll cage is permitted to have brace bars extending through firewall.
8. Three bars are required in windshield area for driver protection. Four point shoulder harness, racing seat,
and fuel cell are required. No outside rub bars allowed. 2 in. straps are required in the mounting of the fuel
cells. Fuel cells must be in steel can and not lower than the bottom of the rear end.
9. Stock or fabricated bumpers front and rear. If you use a fabricated bumper an aftermarket nose and tail
piece MUST be used. A hoop is allowed on front and rear bumper. Support braces to front hoop can be run to
frame but must be within 1 in. Preceding no further back than the radiator. Rear hoop can be braced inside
trunk to frame. Bumper ends may be cut, but must be capped. You MUST have a “tow chain” attached to the
front and rear bumper.
10. No mirrors allowed no racing pedals other than gas pedal for safety purposes. Stock mount dual
master cylinders only.(NO Aftermarket Master Cylinders)
11. Two driveshaft hoops are mandatory. Drive shafts are to be painted white.
12. If battery is in driver’s compartment it must be in a steel battery box. NO plastic marine type boxes allowed.
13. All weights must be painted white with car number. Weight must be mounted with bolts to the frame or roll
cage. Not on top of roll cage or on rear bumper.
14. 8” Maximum Height spoiler is allowed on the trunk only. Two spoiler supports no higher than the spoiler.
Side supports may be 15” long measured from the bottom forward. 2” high in front.
15. Dash length not to exceed further than the back of the steering wheel all the way across from door to
16. Hole is allowed in hood for air cleaner.
1. All suspension parts must remain in stock location. Racing springs are allowed but must be tethered with a
steel cable. No weight jacks. Non adjustable spring spacers allowed.
2. Non adjustable racing shocks are allowed. Only one shock per wheel. There will be a shock claim rule in
effect for 2008: $85 per shock. Any signed in driver in the pure stock class can claim. Driver must give
to tech official at any time to be placed in an envelope with the shock you want (ex. Rr, lr, rf, lf). You will get
the shock at the end of the night. The shock being claimed must be removed at scales!
*If the owner of the shock being claimed refuses to sell, that person forfeits all points and monies for that
3. Shocks must be mounted in original stock location. Stock A-frames only. Stock cross member only and no
fabricated X's in frame.
4. On leaf spring cars, stock spring and stock length spring shackles only, No adjustments on shackles and
5. Nothing attached to rear end of car other than stock components.
Transmissions and Rear-ends
1. Transmission and rear-end must be stock for make and model of car. Ex. G.M. to G.M - Ford to Ford-
A. Ford 9” are optional for 2008. No floaters, drum only brakes. See attachment for measurements. HERE
2. Automatic transmissions only. No direct drives. Must start under own power. Tech official has the right to
drive any car to check the transmission at any time.
3. Stock location on rear-ends and stock rear-end control arms. No lengthening or shortening of control arms.
4. No tucker transmissions. Must have stock working torque converter. No stalls.
Wheels and Tires:
1.15 in. maximum tire height, 70 series. No Hoosier tires and no racing tires allowed. Tires must be street
and no mud and snow tires allowed. No grooving, siping. Pure stock buffing tires are allowed.
2. Maximum 8 in. wheels. 1 in. lug nuts required. Wheel safety will be strictly enforced. Wheel studs must
extend 1” from center of wheel. No stock length studs allowed.
3. No light weight aluminum wheels. Bead locks allowed on right side only.
1. No aluminum heads or blocks. Motor must be stock for make and model of car. GM to GM, Ford to Ford,
Mopar to Mopar.
2. No dual line double pump carbs allowed. One four barrel, Holley, Quadra jet, or Edelbrock ok. No
aftermarket carbs. Max 1 inch spacer allowed under carb. Stock two barrel ok. No alcohol.
3. Cast iron intakes only. No aluminum or high rise intakes. No bowties.
4. No headers allowed. Cast iron exhaust only. Exhaust turndowns must be minimum 12 inch behind firewall,
and made of maximum 2 ½ inch solid O.D. material.
5. Straight plug heads only except Ford. No GM angle plug heads. No roller cams or roller tip rockers. No
girdles. (Guide Plates are ok) Factory stock ignition, no M.S.D. type ignitions.
6. Motors must be in stock location. Steel motor mounts are allowed.
A. #1 spark plug must remain in front of ball joint.
7. No Electric Fuel Pumps.
8. Weight rule 3200 lbs. with driver after race.
9. Motor claim rule: $3500 Claim on motor.
Unbolt From Transmission And take off carburetor
The person claiming must finish in top 10 and on lead Lap $50.00 goes to wrecker for pulling engine. If you
refuse a claim you are to set out for 1 calendar year no prize money for that race, only the top ten cars on the
lead lap can challenge a claim. No buddy claims.
No Engine Claims on or After Aug 1st
Pure Stock Rules