Chassis and Body Rules
1. The pure stock cars must have minimum of 108'' wheelbase, full framed car.
No UNI-BODIED CARS ALLOWED. No shortening of factory wheelbase. Rear wheel
drive cars only.
2. Stock appearing steel or aluminum body panels only. Fenders, doors, and quarter panels must remain as
close as possible to original body lines. Skirting is allowed but must have a minimum of 6” of clearance
between ground and bottom of skirting. After market plastic nose and tail pieces allowed.
3. The car must run original body as make of frame, have full floor boards, and full fire walls in stock location.
Patching of rust holes is mandatory.
4. All chrome must be removed inside and out on body of car. Numbers must appear on both doors and roof
of car facing scores’ tower.
5. No frame changes, Seat must be mounted a minimum of 30” in front of center of rear axle to point where
shoulder harness goes through seat.
6. Doors must be welded, chained, or bolted shut.
7. Competition type 4 point cage mandatory with a minimum of 3 bars in driver’s door and 2 bars in passenger
door. Roll cage is permitted to have brace bars extending through firewall.
8. Three bars are required in windshield area for driver protection. Five point shoulder harness, racing seat,
and fuel cell are required. No outside rub bars allowed. 2 in. straps are required in the mounting of the fuel
cells. Fuel cells must be in steel can and not lower than the bottom of the rear end.
9. Stock or fabricated bumpers front and rear. If you use a fabricated bumper an aftermarket nose and tail
piece MUST be used. A hoop is allowed on front and rear bumper. Rear hoop can be braced inside
trunk to frame. Bumper ends may be cut, but must be capped. You MUST have a “tow chain” attached to the
front and rear bumper.
10. No mirrors allowed.
11. Two driveshaft hoops are mandatory. Drive shafts are to be painted white.
12. If battery is in driver’s compartment it must be in a steel battery box. NO plastic marine type boxes allowed.
13. All weights must be painted white with car number. Weight must be mounted with bolts to the frame or roll
cage. Not on top of roll cage or on rear bumper.
14. 8” Maximum Height spoiler is allowed on the trunk only. Two spoiler supports no higher than the spoiler.
Side supports may be 15” long measured from the bottom forward. 2” high in front.
15. Dash length not to exceed further than the back of the steering wheel all the way across from door to
16. Hole is allowed in hood for air cleaner.
1. All suspension parts must remain in stock location. Racing springs are allowed. No weight jacks. Non
adjustable spring spacers allowed.
2. Non adjustable racing shocks are allowed. Only one shock per wheel.
3. Stock A-frames only. Stock cross member only and no fabricated X's in frame.
4. On leaf spring cars, stock spring and stock length spring shackles only,
No adjustments on shackles and no lowering blocks.
5. Nothing attached to rear end of car other than stock components.
Transmissions and Rear-ends
1. A. Ford 9” are optional or floaters, drum or disc brakes are optional. . On leaf spring cars, stock spring
and stock length spring shackles only, No adjustments on shackles and no lowering blocks.
2. Nothing attached to rear end of car other than stock components
3. Automatic transmissions only. No direct drives. Must start under own power. Tech official has the right to
drive any car to check the transmission at any time.
3. Stock location on rear-ends and stock rear-end control arms. No lengthening or shortening of control arms.
4. No tucker transmissions. Must have stock working torque converter. No stalls.
Wheels and Tires:
1. Tires 60 series radials Or Hoosier tires allowed. No mud and snow tires allowed. No grooving, siping.
Pure stock buffing tires are allowed.
2. Maximum 8 in. wheels. 1 in. lug nuts required. Wheel safety will be strictly enforced. Wheel studs must
extend 1” from center of wheel. No stock length studs allowed.
3. No light weight aluminum wheels. Bead locks allowed on right side only.
1. No aluminum heads or blocks. Motor must be stock for make and model of car. GM to GM, Ford to Ford,
Mopar to Mopar.
2. No dual line double pump carbs allowed. One four barrel, Holley, Quadra jet, or Edelbrock ok. No
aftermarket carbs. Max 1 inch spacer allowed under carb. Stock two barrel ok. No alcohol. 3. Aluminum
intakes are allowed but must be the same rise as stock 4 barrel intake.
4. Headers or cast iron exhaust only. Exhaust turndowns must be minimum 12 inch behind firewall,
and made of maximum 2 ½ inch solid O.D. material.
Headers or Cast iron exhaust only. Exhaust turndowns must be minimum 12 inch behind firewall,
and made of maximum 2 ½ inch solid O.D. material.
5. Straight plug heads only except Ford. No GM angle plug heads. No roller cams. roller tip rockers allowed.
No stud girdles. (Guide Plates are ok) Factory stock ignition, no M.S.D. type ignitions.
6. Motors must be in stock location. Steel motor mounts are allowed.
A. #1 spark plug must remain in front of ball joint.
7. No Electric Fuel Pumps.
8. Weight rule 3200 lbs. with driver after race.
2014 Pure Stock Rules